This syrup goes perfect with these Pumpkin Waffles I shared here. This will quickly become your favorite fall syrup! It’s easy and it is incredibly delicious! If you are only serving a few you can definitely half the recipe because you likely won’t need two cups.
Follow Cooking Classy
Apple Cider Syrup
The perfect fall syrup! Deliciously sweet and spiced and brimming with apple cider flavor. Makes about 2 cups.
- 1 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups apple cider (well shaken)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salted butter , diced into 4 pieces
- In a medium saucepan whisk together brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, cloves and salt until cornstarch is evenly distributed. Stir in apple cider and apple cider vinegar and set mixture over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Allow to boil 1 1/2 minutes while continuously stirring, then remove from heat, stir in butter and allow to cool until warm.
- Store in refrigerator in an airtight container, rewarm in microwave before serving.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
Serve it with these tasty breakfast recipes (follow link below photo)…
Pumpkin French Toast Muffins with Streusel Topping (I would leave the cinnamon out of the topping if using this syrup)