If you haven’t noticed yet Mexican food is my favorite. Good Mexican food just bursts with exciting flavors that all blend so perfectly well together. Nothing is bland, and it always keeps you craving it and coming back for more.
My latest food craze is blackened salmon. I’ve been getting it at one of my favorite local Restaurants almost weekly. When I have a new food favorite I love to come up with my own version of it at home. T
hese tacos are bursting with enticing flavors that will likely have you making this dish many times around. Soft tortillas are generously filled with tender, perfectly spiced salmon, then covered with a flavorful corn salsa.
Then it gets a delightful crunch from Romaine lettuce and another layer of flavor from a sprinkling of cheese and last but not least one of the best parts: it’s drizzled with zesty cilantro lime ranch for one intensely incredible Blackened Salmon Taco! Yum yum YUM!
Follow Cooking Classy
Blackened Salmon Tacos with Corn Salsa and Cilantro Lime Ranch
Incredibly flavorful skillet seared salmon tacos with a tasty corn salsa and ranch.
- 2 (6 0z) salmon fillets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil , divided
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup frozen corn , warmed
- 1 medium Roma tomato , diced
- 1 small Avocado , diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Blackened Salmon Tacos
- In a shallow mixing bowl, using fork, combine flour, chili powder, paprika, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Baste salmon fillets with 1/2 tsp olive oil on each side and dip salmon into spice mixture and generously coat each side. Place coated salmon in preheated skillet and cook 3-4 minutes per side until outside is lightly blackened and center of fillet is cooked through and opaque. Flake salmon using a fork. Assemble tacos by dividing salmon among tortillas, top with lettuce, corn salsa, cheese, and drizzle with Cilantro Lime Ranch. Serve immediately.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.