Is there anything better than berries and cream? It makes everything luxurious doesn’t it? I love maple syrup on french toast and pancakes but even better… blueberry syrup and sweetened whipped cream! What a great way to get some antioxidants in your diet, right =)? I love this because it compliments the buttermilk french toast so well.
It gives it that sparkle of sweetness and fresh unmistakable blueberry flavor. If you are looking for a way to dress up that drab ordinary french toast you have to try this! This is would make for an outstanding holiday breakfast to impress the in-laws or friends =). Or, just treat yourself this weekend, you deserve it after a long weeks work!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Blueberries and Cream French Toast
- 1 recipe buttermilk french toast (found on my site here)
- 1 recipe blueberry syrup (found on my site here)
- Sweetened whipped cream , recipe follows
- Blueberries for garnish (optional)
- Cook french toast and blueberry syrup according to directions. Serve french toast immediately with warm blueberry syrup. Spoon or pipe sweetened whipped cream on top and garnish with blueberries.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Pour whipping cream into a mixing bowl. With an electric mixer, whip whipping cream until soft peaks form. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form.