Brownie Cookies sandwiched with a rich Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting! We all have our favorite chocolate obsession.
What’s mine? Okay, well I have several but one of them is most definitely a chewy, chocolaty brownie with chocolate cream cheese frosting. It’s one of my chocolate loves. With that said, how could I resist making it into cookie form?
I created 3 separate batches of chocolate cookies while making this recipe. The first batch was too rich and chocolaty for my liking, the second batch I made with melted chocolate and wasn’t a fan of the texture of what seemed like a meringue shell around the cookie and the third, these, were just what I was looking for.
Soft and chewy, and of course with just the right amount of chocolate and cream cheese frosting. They remind me a lot of those cookies that many refer to as “Oreos” or “homemade Oreos” (which I’m not sure why those are called Oreos – the only taste they have in common with an actual Oreo cookie is the chocolate flavor and I guess the similar look.
Other than that the cream cheese frosting, buttery flavor and softness of the cookie is nothing like an Oreo). These are what you’d imagine a brownie to be like, but in chewy cookie form, with a Lucius chocolate cream cheese frosting sandwiched between them. Simply put, they are indulgent and decadently delicious. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Brownie Cookie Sandwiches with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, whip together butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add in eggs one at a time, mixing until combined after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer dough to an airtight container and chill until firm enough to shape into balls, about 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees during the last 10 minute of dough chilling.
- Remove cookie dough from fridge, scoop dough out and shape into balls, about the size of a golf ball. Transfer rolled balls to Silpat lined cookie sheets and bake in preheated oven 10 - 11 minutes (transfer dough balls that aren't currently baking to refrigerator to chill until ready to bake).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Cool completely then spread frosting along bottom side of one cookie, then sandwich to the bottom side of another cookie. Store in an airtight container.
- For the Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer on medium speed, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar, then sift in cocoa powder and mix until smooth and fluffy, about 1 minute.