Move over white cookies and cream ice cream because it’s time for chocolate cookies and cream to have the limelight. Just think, your favorite cookies and cream ice cream with the addition of a rich and velvety chocolate – yes dreams do come true. This stuff is amazing!
I’ve gotten this kind of ice cream for many years at a local ice cream shop and a few years ago decided to just start making it at home. It’s easy, amazingly creamy and unbelievably delicious.
We’ve seen a lot of cookies and cream desserts but lets start seeing some more chocolate cookies and cream desserts. Chocolate cookies and chocolate ice cream are meant to be together. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Chocolate Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine cream, milk, chocolate and corn syrup and cook mixture, stirring frequently just until mixture nearly boils.
- Meanwhile combine sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract and salt in a small mixing bowl and using an electric hand mixer set on medium speed, whip mixture until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Blend in cocoa powder.
- Reduce cream mixture to medium-low and take 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture and pour into the egg yolk mixture while whisking, then add egg yolk mixture to saucepan while stirring. Cook mixture, stirring constantly until thickened about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover with wax paper or plastic wrap pressing directly against surface of custard and chill until cold.
- Then transfer to freezer to chill 30 minutes - 1 hour, stirring once during chilling (this just has always seemed to give my ice cream a better texture when I allow it to become very cold before processing).
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to manufactures directions, mixing in Oreos during last 5 minutes of processing. Store in freezer in an airtight container.