Chocolate Frosted Brownies! These aren’t just your normal everyday brownie. These brownies are extra chocolatey, perfectly chewy and irresistibly fudgy and one taste will leave you smitten. This is how we curb those chocolate cravings!
Chocolate Frosted Brownies
It’s February 1st so that means it’s time to say we had a good four week run on the diet plan and now back to real life and real food. I’m only kidding. We should always try to eat healthy but I do also believe life needs desserts sometimes. Desserts like these over-the-top, utterly decadent and seriously delicious Chocolate Frosted Brownies!
These brownies are a chocolate lovers dream! The brownies are made with both unsweetened and sweetened chocolate and then they’re finished with a cocoa buttercream frosting. Now if only they could be healthy so I could eat them every day of my life.
These are a diet buster, treat yourself kind of dessert but they’re worth every calorie. Make them for your friends then save a one for yourself. I mean don’t you just want to sink your teeth into one now??
This Valentines day, you definitely need to try these brownies! This is what holidays are made for! There’s a a whole lot of chocolatey goodness packed into each luxurious bite.
More Brownie Recipes You’ll Love
Follow Cooking Classy
Chocolate Frosted Brownies
Rich, chewy chocolate brownies topped with a sweet and fluffy frosting! A perfectly decadent treat that all chocolate lovers will go crazy over!
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup (160g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (73g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) powdered sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbsp (20g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup (56g) salted butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) half and half
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish, line with two sheets of parchment paper while leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. Butter parchment paper.
- Add butter, unsweetened chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate to a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Heat in microwave in 20 second intervals stirring well between intervals until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Mix in granulated sugar, brown sugar and salt.
Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in egg yolk and vanilla. Mix in flour.
Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven 28 - 33 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out with crumbs.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack (I like to cover the pan with plastic wrap about halfway through cooling so they don't dry at all).
For the Frosting: In a medium mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer blend together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, butter half and half and vanilla.
- Add in a little more half and half, 1 tsp at a time, to thin if needed. Mix until frosting is slightly fluffy.
- Spread over cooled brownies then lift brownies out using parchment overhang.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container (these are pretty rich which is why I listed so many servings for this small pan size).