Churro Cream Puffs! Two of the best desserts collide into one unforgettable treat.
Easier to make than you’d think and always sure to satisfy those sweet cravings!
Churro Cream Puffs
Churros meet cream puffs in this creative and delicious treat thought up by Barbara Schieving of Barbara Bakes. All I can say is where have these been all my life!!
They are one of many irresistible cream puff creations you can find in her beautifully photographed, genius new cookbook: Simply Sweet Dream Puffs: Shockingly Easy Fun-Filled Treats! I’ve absolutely loved cream puffs from the very first time I bit into one as a child and I’ve been hooked ever since, so this cookbook has my name written all over it.
It’s filled with so many unique variations on the classic cream puff, with flavors like s’mores, mango, rocky road, black cherry, pumpkin pie and coconut almond. You’ll also find fun twists on the classic eclair with flavors like strawberry cheesecake, tiramisu and lemon meringue.
Does all this talk have you drooling yet? Has it got you craving cream puffs? I know when I look at this book I can’t stop thinking about how many of the different flavors I can’t wait to try, they all look simply dreamy and Barbara has done such an amazing job on this book!
It’s so creative and anyone who likes cream puffs needs this cookbook! It will open a new world of cream puff flavors for you! I’ve tried probably 2 flavors of cream puffs in my life and that is now definitely going to change! I love how straight forward and easy to follow the book is, she even has a step by step video for making the Pate a Choux (pastry shell) that is so helpful. Another great resource is this template she made that you can print out and use to pipe them out.
How to Make Churro Cream Puffs
- Prepare the Pata A Choux dough.
- Pipe onto lined baking sheet and bake.
- Brush with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake again for 5 minutes.
- Pipe whipped cream filling into centers of cream puffs.
More Tasty Mexican Treats to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Churro Cream Puffs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together granulated sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat honey in a small microwave safe bowl in microwave until it starts to boil, about 20 seconds.
- Brush tops of cream puffs with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Place prepared cream puffs on prepared baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer, beat the heavy cream and salt at medium speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and remaining 1 tsp cinnamon, and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Transfer whipped cream into a pastry bag fitted with a small round tip. Using a knife pierce the side of each cream puff to create a hole. Insert the pastry tip into the hole and fill with cinnamon whipped cream.