Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice Foil Packs are a flavorful easy dinner you can’t pass by! Shrimp and veggies are boasting of bright fresh Mexican flavors and it’s a recipe that’s set to impress everyone!
Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice Packs
This is officially my first time making cauliflower rice and I’m now totally a believer!
These are packed with delicious flavor and also prove that there are healthy, tasty alternatives to plain white rice.
I can’t get enough of the foil packs lately. They are the perfect thing to make during the summer and I love that they are ready to serve in individual portions. And as always – that easy clean up. Who doesn’t love that??
I recently made these Shrimp and Asparagus Foil Packs with Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce and I loved them so much I decided we needed another shrimp foil packet recipe so here we are.
And now I can’t choose which I like better so I guess I’ll just have to add them both to the dinner rotation!
I’m totally smitten with all the fresh Mexican flavors in this one (Mexican food is the best!) and I also love how it’s hearty and filling with the triple veggies, black beans and shrimp.
This is my kind of dinner and I can’t wait to make these again!
How to Make Cilantro Lime Shrimp Packs
- Preheat a gas grill over moderately high heat.
- Prep cauliflower rice.
- Toss shrimp, black beans, corn, green chilies, green onions, garlic, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, and cumin.
- Cut sheets of foil.
- Divide shrimp mixture evenly among foil and wrap.
- Grill packets until shrimp has cooked through, about 9 – 11 minutes.
- Carefully open each packet and toss in cilantro. Serve warm with avocado slices.
What if I Don’t Own a Food Processor?
If you don’t have a food processor, no worries.
- Simply grate the cauliflower instead of pulsing it in a food processor (leave it whole if grating, don’t cut individual florets) then chop it up a little more with a knife so it’s a finer texture.
- Or use store-bought frozen, thawed cauliflower rice.
More Shrimp Pack Recipes You’ll Love
Follow Cooking Classy
These packs are a flavorful easy dinner you can't pass by! Shrimp and veggies are boasting of bright fresh Mexican flavors and it's a recipe that's set to impress everyone!
- 1 medium-large head cauliflower (or 4 cups frozen cauliflower rice thawed)
- 1 1/4 lbs large (21/25) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 ear corn, shucked and kernels cut from cob, (or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 (4oz) can diced mild green chilies, drained*
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions, white and light green portion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small avocado, sliced
Preheat a gas grill over moderately high heat to about 450 - 475 degrees.
Cut cauliflower florets from head, leaving behind as much stem as possible.
Working in 2 or 3 batches, pulse florets in a food processor until cauliflower is finely chopped (it should look similar to couscous). Measure out 4 cups and transfer to a large bowl.
Add shrimp to bowl along with black beans, corn, green chilies, green onions, garlic, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper (about 1 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper) then toss gently to evenly coat.
Cut 4 sheets of 15 by 12-inch heavy duty aluminum foil. Lay sheets individually on a flat surface.
Divide shrimp mixture evenly among foil sheets, placing each mound in the center of the foil.
Bring sides of foil inward then fold together twice and to seal, then fold ends up (and work to leave a little extra space inside for heat to circulate so everything cooks evenly, I like to pull up on the top crimp).
Grill packets until shrimp has cooked through (it should appear pink in color), about 9 - 11 minutes.
Carefully open each packet and toss in cilantro. Serve warm with avocado slices.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy
*I recommend draining the green chilies through a fine mesh strainer. If you just try to open the can and drain you won't get much of the liquid out. Discard liquid.