Cake Caffeinated… yes, I like the sound of that. This cake is incredible to say the least! Tres Leches meets chocolate meets Coca Cola soda. In other words, pure bliss. I love the simplicity of this cake, it starts from a cake mix but no one would know. There are two variations on this cake, if you want to do the Cherry Coca Cola version I would say the crushed cherry lollipops for garnish are a must =).
This cake has similar flavors that remind me of one of my favorite cakes, which I’m sure nearly all of you have tried (and loved) at least once, “Better Than Sex Cake.” I never though it could meet its match but here it is. This Coca Cola Tres Leches cake is an exciting, decadent must try that you will likely be adding to your favorite cakes recipe collection and sharing with others. Enjoy!
Also, check out MyCokeRewards where you can create your own recipe book and find many other exciting recipes using Coca Cola.
Compensation was provided by Coca-Cola, but Coca-Cola is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this pin/post. All opinions expressed are my own and not those of Coca-Cola.
Follow Cooking Classy
Delicious chocolate cake soaked with milks and coca cola and finished with a whipped topping.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Devil's Food Cake Mix (such as Betty Crocker)
- 1 1/4 cups Coca Cola or Cherry Coca Cola
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk (1 5oz can)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Coca Cola or Cherry Coca Cola
- Sweetened Whipped Cream Frosting:
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Red Sprinkles , chocolate sprinkles or crushed cherry lollipops (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, 1 1/4 cups Coca Cola, vegetable oil and eggs. Blend ingredients together using an electric mixer, on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed to medium and blend mixture for 2 minutes. Pour mixture and evenly spread into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow cake to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and 2/3 cup heavy cream. Add in 1 cup Coca Cola and mix until combined. Poke cake every 1/2"-1" with a long tinned fork. Slowly pour Coca Cola milk mixture evenly over entire cake. Allow cake to rest, uncovered for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cover cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour (or overnight) until cake has cooled completely and the majority of the milk mixture has been absorbed.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Stir in granulated sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Spread sweetened whipped cream evenly over cooled cake. Sprinkle frosted cake with optional sprinkles or crushed lollipops. Serve immediately (note: when cutting and plating I'd recommend using a spatula to lift cake from pan, this isn't one of those cakes you can plate using a fork). Store cake in refrigerator (note that the sweetened whip cream will begin to separate after about 3 hours).
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy
If you like cool whip you could use that instead, I just prefer the real thing