Why I don’t eat Indian food more often, I cannot tell you. With the first bite every time I eat it, I think to myself this is some seriously incredible flavor. The fragrant blend of spices and herbs and the creamy sauces that often accompany it, they are simply mouthwatering.
So my husband still orders the newspaper. Yes, he’s 28 years old, but sometimes I wonder if he grew up in a different era =). He says he has always read it every morning since he was a kid. I don’t like the newspaper. They could seriously find some more positive things to talk about if you ask me.
Why is the media so hooked on the negative? The only time I like to pick up the newspaper is when I see something food related, like the Relish magazine that comes on occasion with the Sunday paper. This past Sunday they had a similar version of this which inspired me to make this recipe. I’m in love with these chicken kebabs.
And the lemon cilantro yogurt dipping sauce is the perfect, tangy blend to coat this savory chicken.
You can omit the cream if you want to keep this recipe lighter, it is optional but I love it in Indian food. I also wanted some light form of sweetness to balance out the acidity of the lemon and tang of the yogurt and the sweetness of the cream did just the trick. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Coriander Chicken Kebabs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (or less if you don't like heat)
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast , cut into 1-inch pieces
- FOR THE KEBABS: In a mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp lemon zest, 2 cloves garlic, coriander, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in a large resealable bag and pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag and press chicken into marinade. Allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Thread chicken onto skewers (if using wooden skewers soak in warm water for 5 minutes). Preheat a grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush grill lightly with oil and grill chicken, rotating once halfway through grilling, until cooked through, about 9 minutes. Serve warm with Lemon Cilantro Yogurt Sauce.
- FOR THE SAUCE: Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.