Anyone that doesn’t like chicken salad please give these a try, and anyone who likes chicken salad, these sandwiches will make you love chicken salad =)! They are full of exciting flavors. I created this recipe because I felt the chicken salad sandwich needed a bit more to it, and cheese! Your average chicken salad doesn’t have any cheese, rip off =).
These are a great, simple entrée to serve at parties, showers, or any day you want serve up an incredible lunch or dinner. They make for an amazing picnic as well. If you absolutely hate dill then of course you can leave it out and still have a delicious Chicken Salad Sandwich. I hope you have a chance to try my favorite Chicken Salad Sandwich…
Follow Cooking Classy
Deliciously creamy and flavorful chicken salad sandwiches. The perfect lunch!
- 2 cups shredded , cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup grapes , sliced into halves
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste*
- Green leaf lettuce , for serving (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, dill, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, toss together chicken, grapes, cashews, celery, green onion and Parmesan. Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss mixture until well coated. Serve on a bed of lettuce (if desired) on sliced bread, croissants, rolls, or French bread.
*I only add pepper no salt, I personally think you get enough salt from the parmesan and cashews but if you like more salt then please add it =).