Funfetti Popcorn – white chocolate coated popcorn and pretzels tossed with festive M&M’s and finished with sprinkles! Who wouldn’t love it? It’s so easy to make and perfect for parties.
I’m going to warn you now so you can’t say I didn’t warn you later, this festive, sweet treat is HIGHLY addictive!
Isn’t it fun? It’s perfect for birthdays and holidays because not only is it amazingly delicious but it makes a huge bowl full so you’ll have enough for a crowd of people.
It is also easy to switch it up for different holidays, I listed a few alternate variations below. No matter what holiday it is, you are going to want this stuff around! Both kids and adults alike will absolutely love it, and you will love how easy it was to make!
Follow Cooking Classy
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels , or 2 bags tender white popcorn
- 12 oz Plain Vanilla Candy Melts , such as Wilton*
- 1 1/3 cups pretzel squares , broken into pieces
- 1 (12 oz) bag plain Milk Chocolate M&Ms or Mini M&Ms (for Bunny Bait use pastel M&Ms)
- Multicolored Sprinkles , about 1/4 - 1/3 of a 2 oz. container
- Pop popcorn in a popcorn popper into a large bowl (or alternately in the microwave if using microwave bags of popcorn) according to manufactures directions. Remove any unpopped popcorn kernels. Toss in broken pretzel pieces and M&Ms.
- Melt Vanilla Candy Melts in a microwave safe bowl on HIGH power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle half of melted chips over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula.
- Then drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and gently stir mixture until evenly coated (don't over stir though or your sprinkles wont stick if the white chips begin to set and harden).
Pour mixture into a single layer onto wax paper. Sprinkle entire mixture evenly with sprinkles before vanilla chips set. Allow to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- *These can be found in the cake decorating section of some supermarkets, at craft stores or at specialty kitchen kneads stores.
- Note: I was able to fill 8 - 9 1/2"x 4" party treat bags about 2/3 full with this recipe, just to let you know so you have an idea for gift giving.
- Recipe Source: Adapted from Bake at 350
Christmas – Christmas Crunch
Use 1 12 oz bag green and red Milk Chocolate M&Ms
Optional – add in crushed hard or soft (such as Bob’s) peppermint candies
Use green and red sprinkles
Valentines – Love Lure
Use 1 12 oz bag pink, red, white Milk Chocolate M&Ms
Use red and pink sprinkles
Optional – add in cinnamon imperial hearts candy or pink, red and white conversation hearts
St. Patricks Day – Leprechaun Lunch
Use 6 oz green and 6 oz. yellow M&Ms, or 12 oz. green (available at craft stores)
Use green and yellow sprinkles
Easter – Bunny Bait
Use 1 12 oz bag pastel colored Milk Chocolate M&Ms
July Fourth – Fourth Fireworks Crunch
Use 6 oz red M&Ms and 6 oz blue M&Ms (available at craft stores)
Use multicolored red, blue and white sprinkles mix
Optional – sprinkle with red Poprocks candy once chocolate has almost set (so they don’t just dissolve)
Halloween – Bat Bait
Use 12 oz brown and orange M&Ms
Use black and orange sprinkles
Optional – add in crushed Oreos in place of pretzles
Thanksgiving – Turkey Treats Mix
Use 12 oz. Reese’s Pieces in place of M&Ms
Use brown, yellow, orange, red sprinkles
…That’s just my random list I thought up but you could change these up (Bunny Bait not my own idea, adapted from Bake at 350) and add your own ideas. You could even replace the M&Ms with jelly beans, skittles or Sixlets. I hope you have fun holidays throughout the year and a great upcoming Easter!