Surprisingly enough, these are some of the softest pancakes I’ve ever made! Gluten-free just got a whole lot more exciting with these utterly delicious buttermilk pancakes!
On a strictly gluten-free diet it can be so hard to find good food, especially all the pre-made gluten-free stuff from the grocery store. I’ve tried a few of the gluten-free pancake mixes which have all left me disappointed.
They were either dry, had really grainy texture or didn’t have a flavor that resembled the traditional pancakes I’ve always been used to. These are soft and velvety and they taste just like a traditional buttermilk (white flour) pancake.
If you are on a gluten-free diet, don’t lose this recipe! It will probably become a regular for you. Seriously so good!
Follow Cooking Classy
Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp canola oil or melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl whisk together rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum for 20 seconds.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, canola oil and vanilla extract and whisk until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Heat a large well oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot spoon pancake batter onto griddle (I spread mine out a little) and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- Flip and cook opposite side until bottom is golden brown. Serve immediately with maple syrup or other desired topping.