Surprisingly enough, these are some of the softest pancakes I’ve ever made! Gluten-free just got a whole lot more exciting with these utterly delicious buttermilk pancakes!
On a strictly gluten-free diet it can be so hard to find good food, especially all the pre-made gluten-free stuff from the grocery store. I’ve tried a few of the gluten-free pancake mixes which have all left me disappointed.
They were either dry, had really grainy texture or didn’t have a flavor that resembled the traditional pancakes I’ve always been used to. These are soft and velvety and they taste just like a traditional buttermilk (white flour) pancake.
If you are on a gluten-free diet, don’t lose this recipe! It will probably become a regular for you. Seriously so good!
Follow Cooking Classy
Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes
The best gluten free pancakes! They're light and fluffy, easy to make, and they're extra delicious when served with fresh fruit or fruit syrup!
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp canola oil or melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl whisk together rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and xanthan gum for 20 seconds. Add eggs, buttermilk, canola oil and vanilla extract and whisk until well blended and few lumps remain.
- Heat a large well oiled skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot spoon pancake batter onto griddle (I spread mine out a little) and cook until bottom is golden brown, then flip and cook opposite side until bottom is golden brown. Serve immediately with maple syrup or other desired topping.
- Recipe Source: adapted from allrecipes.com