Greek Pasta Salad is a must have side dish recipe! It’s so bright and refreshing, it’s jam packed with veggies and bits of tangy feta, and it’s perfectly satisfying. And let’s not forget it’s practically guaranteed to be a crowd favorite!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla®. All opinions and text are mine.
Greek Pasta Salad and a Fun Competition
Who doesn’t love an intense cooking competition? This year Barilla® is holding the 7th annual World Pasta Masters on October 24 and 25 in Milan, Italy, which is also World Pasta Day. During the competition 18 chefs from around the world will compete to win the coveted title of World Pasta Master. What an amazing title to win!
On May 30th, four chefs from across the U.S. competed in the Barilla World Pasta Masters U.S. Qualifying Even in Chicago. Following a night of exciting competition, Chef Carolina Diaz of Terzo Piano in Chicago was declared the winner and will go on to represent the United States at the World Pasta Masters this October in Milan. Chef Carolina Diaz’s Barilla Mezzi Rigatoni with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce & Tuna was deemed the best in show, wowing judges and guests.
I’m excited to follow along! You can follow @BarillaUS and #WorldPastaMasters on Instagram and World Pasta Masters Page for updates on the World Pasta Masters. And in the meantime be sure to have this pasta salad on the menu! I know I’ll be making it again soon.
A Perfectly Delicious Pasta Salad Recipe
If you find that you are lacking some of the ingredients for this pasta salad, try swapping out some of the veggies with some that are in your refrigerator or try adding in bottled artichoke hearts.
Ingredients for This Greek Pasta Salad
For this pasta salad you’ll need Barilla Rotini, bell pepper, parsley, grape tomatoes, black olives, English cucumber, red onion, lemon, good quality extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper, honey, red wine vinegar, feta cheese.
How to Make This Easy Recipe
First, you’ll want to start off by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients then set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, until it is al dente, then drain and place on a tray with parchment paper to cool. Rinsing pasta is a huge no no so adding to a tray with extra virgin olive oil will help it cool down. While pasta is draining use up that time to prep veggies.
Add veggies, olives, parsley and drained rotini to a large bowl then pour dressing over top. Toss a few times then toss in feta.
Thin with water as needed. Serve right away or chill up to one day and serve cold.
Pasta Fuels Creativity in the Kitchen
Barilla is all about helping people create unique and creative pasta recipes in the kitchen. Pasta is a such a comforting food that I’ve been eating as long as I can remember. Not only does it taste delicious but I love how it’s so versatile, the possibilities of what you can create are endless!
I also love how pasta brings the people we love together for a delicious satisfying meal. And who doesn’t love pasta? It’s even a go-to food for the pickiest kids.
One of my favorite things to make during the summer with pasta are pasta salads like so. When served chilled on a hot day no one can resist!
More Pasta Salad Recipes to Try
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 oz.) box Barilla Rotini
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into half moons (2 cups)
- 1 pint (2 cups) grape tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced then rinsed to remove harsh bite (scant 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup pitted black olives, sliced*
- 1 green pepper (seeds removed), chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 oz. feta, crumbled (heaping 1 cup)
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic, honey and salt in a medium mixing bowl, set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package instructions, then drain and place on a tray until cool.
- Meanwhile add cucumber, tomatoes, onions, black olives, bell pepper and parsley to a large bowl.
- Add cooled pasta to bowl, whisk dressing once more then pour over mixture in bowl. Toss then add in feta and toss again.
- Thin mixture with up to 1/4 cup water. Chill up to 1 day if desired or serve right away.
- *1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives may be subsituted
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy