I love a good Greek salad with a vibrant lemon vinaigrette and salmon is one of my favorite dinners, so why not put the two together? I eat so many chicken salads but I decided it was time to switch things up and use a different kind of protein. If you’d like of course you could still use chicken with this recipe for a cheaper alternative (it will need to cook longer), but for a little splurge salmon is where it’s at with this recipe! To be honest I think it was the first time I’ve eaten a salmon salad. I eat salmon all the time but I’ve never really added it directly to my salad, I know I need to get out more. I loved it though, and I’m sure I will do it again and again!
This is the perfect summer salad! I love how well all the flavors of each ingredient blend together. All the fresh veggies with a Lemon Dill Vinaigrette and a heart healthy salmon fillet are a wonderful combination. This salad is packed with goodness and it’s an entree I’ll definitely want to make again!
Follow Cooking Classy
Greek Salmon Salad
- 4 (5 - 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 head Romaine lettuce , chopped
- 2 large Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 cucumber , peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions (run under cool water and drain to remove harsh bite)
- 4 oz feta cheese , crumbled (regular or light)
- 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives (optional)
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 medium cloves garlic , minced
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a panini press to moderately high heat or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of salmon lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spray panini press or grill pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Add salmon to panini press and gently close, allow to cook about 4 - 5 minutes until cooked through (salmon should flake easily with a fork. For the grill pan cook about 4 minutes per side over medium-high heat). Remove from grill and let cool slightly.
- Plate all remaining salad ingredients then top with salmon. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- For the vinaigrette:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until well emulsified. Store in refrigerator.