This Grilled Chicken with Honey Mustard Glaze is about as easy as dinner gets! It requires minimal ingredients and since it’s cooked on the grill clean up is a breeze! Even though there aren’t a lot of ingredients it’s still packed with flavor thanks to that delicious honey and dijon mustard combination. If you aren’t a big fan a dijon you can use half dijon mustard and half yellow mustard and you’ll still get a delicious end result. Really the dijon flavor isn’t over powering here though even though it is a full 1/4 cup, the honey and the little bit of butter and olive oil really just tones down its strong robust flavor and balances it out really well. My kids don’t normally like dijon mustard but they loved this chicken so that should give you an idea.
I’ve already made this chicken twice in the past few weeks and I know it will be a regular on our summer dinner menu. It’s nice to keep the heat outside and grill dinner instead of baking or roasting some sort of dinner in the oven during these hot summer months. Plus, isn’t grilled food just that much better with its delicious slightly charred flavor? I know I’m hooked and it won’t stop here. The grilling has just begun :). In case you missed it I recently shared two other amazingly tasty grilled chicken recipes you can try along with this one, there’s this Cumin Rubbed Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce and this Hoisin Glazed Grilled Chicken (which is basically just an Asian style grilled chicken) – all are delicious so be sure to try then all at least once this summer!
Follow Cooking Classy
Protein rich chicken is topped with a simple yet deliciously flavorful honey dijon mustard glaze. Perfect recipe for a busy weeknight!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Place butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave until melted then stir in honey, dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add half of the honey mustard mixture to a second bowl.
- Preheat a grill to 425 degrees. Pound thicker parts of chicken breasts so they are an even thickness and season both sides with salt and pepper. Brush grill grates lightly with oil.
Grill chicken 4 minutes then brush top and with honey mustard glaze (reserving 2nd bowl of glaze for the end).
- flip chicken to opposite side, brush second side with honey mustard glaze and continue to grill until chicken is cooked through, about 4 - 5 minutes longer (center should register 165 on an instant read thermometer).
- Brush both sides of chicken with remaining glaze from second bowl and let rest on a plate several minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.