Tired of the same old plain Rice Krispie Treats? Well, really who could ever get tired of those, but these, you must try. I was craving something with lavender but I didn’t have a lot of time to bake something, so I decided to add it to one of my favorite quick treats. I often forget to pair simple with the sophisticated and these are just my idea of such.
Usually when I make Rice Krispie Treats, I will always save a spoonful of the warm mixture in the pan after I’ve poured it into the baking dish. It’s the highlight of Rice Krispie Treats – that stretchy, stringy, buttery marshmallow mixture. It’s so dreamy.
This time around, I loved these so much I think I saved about half the pan in there for me to eat warm :). I think another delicious variation on these would be to add lemon zest or lemon extract in place of the vanilla beans. Lavender and lemon is another amazing combination. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
Lavender-Vanilla Bean Rice Krispie Treats
A fancy take on the classic rice krispie treats! A tasty upgrade with vanilla beans and lavender.
- 1/4 cup salted butter , diced into 1 tbsp pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp dried culinary lavender , finely chopped
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean I sell them!
- 1 (10 oz) bag miniature marshmallows (I like to toss in another cup if I have more)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Melt butter along with lavender and vanilla bean seeds in a large non-stick saucepan over medium-low heat. Add in marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat and fold in Rice Krispies cereal. Spread into a buttered 9 by 9-inch baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest at room temperature until set, about 20 - 30 minutes, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: adapted lightly from the original Rice Krispies Treats