Lemon Zucchini Bread is one of my new favorite ways to use up all that summer zucchini! This is one of the brightest most flavorful loaves of quick bread and I can’t get enough of that sweet glaze! You don’t taste the zucchini it just adds an incredible moisture to the cake and adds some little green “sprinkles.”
Everyone will love this tasty dessert bread!
Lemon Zucchini Bread with a Sweet Lemon Glaze
Isn’t it always nice to find a new perfect use for zucchini? Even though I don’t grow zucchini I usually tend to keep it on hand during the spring and summer months.
But basically the best thing you can do with zucchini is turn it into a dessert like these Zucchini Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting or this purely irresistible Lemon Zucchini Bread!
I’ve actually had lemon zucchini bread on my to-try list for years but for some reason I just kept forgetting about it, but not today!
I had a bunch of zucchini in the fridge and a bunch of lemons so of course it had to happen and I’m so glad it did because I’m crazy about this bread!
Yes of course I started by eating just one slice but then every time I’d walk into the kitchen I couldn’t help but go and cut off another little piece.
It Even as It Sits
And it’s like banana bread, it gets even better after its sat in an airtight container for a few hours.
Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar and powdered sugar
- Canola oil
- Plain Greek yogurt
How to Make Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter and dust loaf pan with flour.
- Whisk dry ingredients.
- In an electric mixer mix sugar and zest then blend in oil and eggs.
- Blend in flour mixture alternating with greek yogurt and lemon.
- Fold in zucchini and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake until set.
- Once nearly cool cover with lemon glaze.
Even Kids Will Love It!
This bread has the perfect tender crumb, it has just the right amount of tart lemon and a nice blend of balance of sweetness to pair with it.
Everyone in my family loved this bread, kids included. And I always love their reaction to something like this when I tell them as they are eating it that it has zucchini in it.
I get some “ewwws” and funny looks but it’s so good they just keep eating and then request another slice the following morning to go along with their breakfast. Yep this is some good stuff I tell you!
Bread Recipes You’ll Love
Follow Cooking Classy
Lemon Zucchini Bread
This is one of my new favorite ways to use up all that summer zucchini! It has such a bright sunny flavor and I can't get enough of that sweet glaze! You don't taste the zucchini it just adds an incredible moisture to the cake and adds some little green "sprinkles." Everyone will love this bread!
- 1 2/3 (238g) cups all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (160g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest (from about 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plain (62g) Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup finely (150g) shredded zucchini, at room temperature (unpeeled or peeled if you don't want the green flecks)
- 2/3 cup (65g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8 by 4-inch loaf pan then lightly dust with flour and shake out excess, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix sugar with lemon zest for 30 seconds. Add in oil and eggs and mix until combined.
Pour in half of the flour mixture then blend just until combined. Add in Greek yogurt and lemon juice and mix just until combined, then add in remaining half of the flour mixture and mix just until nearly combined.
Remove bowl from stand mixer, add zucchini and fold into mixture using a spatula. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 - 48 minutes.
- Let cool in baking pan for a few minutes then invert into a wire rack to cool completely. Once loaf is nearly cool drizzle with lemon glaze. Store bread in an airtight container.
- For the lemon glaze:
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth (if it seems thin add a little more powdered sugar if it seems thick add a little lemon juice). Drizzle mixture over loaf and let set.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy