M&M Cookies were always one my favorites as a child (and still are today). They are basically a chocolate chip cookie enhanced with color and that delicious crunchy candy coating that covers those tasty little M&M’s.
It’s funny I’m actually not a big fan of the plain milk chocolate M&M’s but I LOVE the minis version of them, I don’t know what it is. Cheap chocolate but when it’s made into tiny form how can it be resisted =)?
I don’t know what cookie Santa’s going to request at your home but I’m pretty sure he’s requested these from mine. If you are going to be a part of a cookie exchange this year, I would say these are definitely a great cookie choice to go with.
It would be very hard to find someone who didn’t love these cookies, young and old alike.
A Soft and Chewy Cookie
They have a perfectly chewy and soft center along with a very light crunch around the cookies edge, just the way a cookie is meant to be. They are thick, full of sweet vanilla flavor and of course loaded with that chocolate candy goodness.
This recipe could also be used to make a chocolate chip cookies just swap out the M&M’s for a bag of chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
A soft and chewy cookie dotted with festive M&Ms. Swap out Christmas M&M's with mini rainbow M&M's for a fun treat any day of the year!
- 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (for a thicker cookie use 2 1/2)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup salted butter , chilled and diced into cubes (about 1/2-inch)
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 (11 oz) bag M&M's (I used mini)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, blend together butter and sugar on low speed until it starts to come together then increase mixer to medium speed and whip until creamy, about 3 - 4 minutes. Mix in egg and egg yolk. Stir in vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine (batter will be thick due to the chilled butter). Mix in M&M's (I set aside about 1/4 cup of the M&M's to lightly press into the tops of cookies before baking so they show through more, totally optional).
- Scoop dough out 2 Tbsp at a time and shape into a ball, transfer to a Silpat lined or buttered cookie sheet - fitting 8 per sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool on baking sheet several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy