Ah, creamy, dreamy Orange Creamsicles, aren’t they just amazing? Indeed they are one of my favorite dessert flavors, that is why I created my recipe for Oranges and Cream Cookies and Orange Creamsicle Popcorn, and now these! Orange Creamsicle Buddies.
They are woman approved, man approved and kid approved. I love them, my husband loves them and my kids love them. I never thought the classic muddy buddies would ever see a competitor, but here it is.
They are bursting with natural, zesty and refreshing orange flavor thanks to the orange zest and pure orange extract they contain. They vanilla chips and cream compliment the orange flavors perfectly giving these treats that delightful oranges and cream flavor.
Once you start munching on these, trust me, it’s hard to stop! Before you know it you’ll be reaching in for another handful only to find the last bits of remaining crumbs mingling at the bottom along with some of the sugar dust. Now don’t go drinking it =).
Try these and it’s very likely this delicious and exciting recipe will find a spot right next to the muddy buddies recipe in your recipe book.
Follow Cooking Classy
Orange Creamsicle Buddies (Variation on Muddy Buddies)
- 8 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp orange zest (this is the zest of about 1 1/2 large oranges)
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure 8 cups Rice Chex Cereal into a very large mixing bowl, set aside. In a microwave safe mixing bowl, combine vanilla baking chips, butter, cream and orange zest. Microwave mixture on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring with a fork after each interval, until melted and smooth. Stir in orange extract. Pour mixture over Chex Cereal and gently toss mixture with a rubber spatula until evenly coated. Pour coated cereal into a 2 gallon ziploc bag, add powdered sugar and seal bag. Shake mixture until evenly coated with powdered sugar.
- For a crispier version: preheat oven to 275 degrees. Divide prepared Orange Creamsicle Buddies in an even layer among two cookie sheets and bake 20 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking. Allow to cool and store mixture in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy