I have no idea why it has taken me this long to share this recipe. I’ve been making it for years and everyone always absolutely loves it. The recipe comes from Ina Garten (via Food Network) and it is a summer time must.
I always used to make a blueberry crisp then I noticed and started making this version with peaches and I loved it just as much, if not more. It’s a lot like a peach cobbler with the addition of blueberries. I’ve made this recipe so many times and will hold on to it for life.
If I don’t have a lemon I’ll sometimes use an orange (for both the zest and juice). The ice cream on top is a must in my opinion, possibly because I’m an ice cream addict.
But really how can anyone resist the combo of a warm out of the oven berry crumble topped with an ice cold scoop of ice cream, that will begin to melt over the top all down the sides until it’s soon swimming together with the peach and blueberries giving it that delicious berries and cream flavor we all love.
The boil and peel method for this recipe is a great option for peeling peaches. Sometimes I’ll say I don’t want to wait for the water to boil so I’ll peel them with a vegetable peeler instead of boiling, but really I’m sure that takes just as long as waiting for the water to boil so that method should be history.
I only lightly changed a few things about this recipe from the original, like upping the amount of blueberries, slightly reducing the amount of butter (just because it seemed too wet sometimes, I think the juices of the peaches give it a lot of moisture) and reduced the lemon slightly so it didn’t overpower that delicious peach/blueberry flavor, I also added some vanilla to the crumble. Enjoy and happy summer!
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Peach and Blueberry Crumble
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Fill a large mixing bowl with ice water. Carefully drop peaches in boiling water and allow to boil 30 seconds - 1 minute, just until their skin easily peels off.
- Immediately transfer peaches to cold water. Peel peaches and slice into chunks or wedges.
- Place diced peaches in a large mixing bowl along with lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour and pinch of salt.
- Toss mixture to evenly coat. Fold in blueberries and pour mixture into an 8 by 8-inch baking dish and allow to rest 5 minutes while preparing topping.
- To prepare the topping:
- In a food processor, combine 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, butter, and vanilla, and pulse mixture just until it appears moist.
- Press mixture into crumbles with your fingertips and sprinkle evenly over top of peach mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 - 50 minutes, until tops are nicely browned. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream if desired.