Yesterday I made a peach cobbler, from scratch. Fresh peaches, the homemade cake and all of that. After taking pictures then trying it, I decided I didn’t like it. So it’s not blog approved.
The texture was just strange. Slightly gooey (which is okay) but then there were these chewy portions that were just odd. I guess I’ve never really been a big fan of the texture of a peach cobbler, let me rephrase that I don’t like the texture of some peach cobblers
My brother came up a few weeks ago and he made a dutch oven blueberry peach cobbler that was soooo good and actually had the perfect texture! He used a cake mix. Thinking of that made me realize I could do a quicker version that was similar but make it in the microwave, in a mug. I’m so glad I decided to try it. I’m in love with this mug cake. It’s definitely one of my favorites!
According to the photos it basically looks like a peach cobbler smoothie or something, let’s just say it’s hard to make a mug cake look pretty but there is definitely cake in there.
For some reason it just doesn’t really like to show on the edges. It is just like a peach cobbler should be, partially wet and runny when you get near the peaches, then above that there’s the fluffy and cooked through cake portion (you won’t get the golden crust but I think that’s nearly impossible with a mug cake, and this is so delicious you won’t really even think twice about that).
Once you start making these it could be come a dangerous thing because you’ll want them all the time and it is unbelievably simple to make! I’ve made it twice and I already have the recipe memorized.
I thought of using fresh peaches in this recipe but this is a mug cake. It’s all about ease and simplicity. I didn’t want to take the time to peel and dice a fresh peach so I just went with one of those individual cups of diced cling peaches. They worked perfect for this delicious mug cake. Enjoy!
Follow Cooking Classy
The perfect quick treat for 1!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp white cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 - 2 pinches of cinnamon (can also add a small pinch nutmeg too)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1 (4 oz) diced peaches in light syrup (like these)
- Place butter in a mug and melt in microwave. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together cake mix and cinnamon then whisk in milk and stir until well blended. Pour mixture over melted butter in mug (don't stir). Drain 2 Tbsp liquid from peaches (about 2/3 of the liquid. Discard or drink it) then pour peaches over top of cake mix (don't stir). Microwave on 50% power for about 3 - 4 minutes, until desired doneness (time may vary depending on each microwave oven and wattage). Allow to cool slightly (it will be ridiculously hot) then optionally top with vanilla ice cream and a light dusting of cinnamon.
- Recipe Source: Cooking Classy