Who doesn’t love a bright, colorful, flavorful salad? I absolutely love salads and of course I love them even more when they taste as good as this Pink Detox Salad does! This one will leave you asking “can this be my lunch every day?”
This salad is layered with tender, crisp baby kale (I also added spinach and chard because I love that blend), fresh sweet strawberries and watermelon, tart grapefruit, juicy pomegranate arils (if you can find them this time of year, if not just omit them this time around like I did), crunchy walnuts, tangy feta and its finished off with a sweet and creamy pomegranate Greek yogurt dressing.
How could you go wrong with all of that? You just can’t! There is so much goodness here packed into one incredible salad!
This recipe comes from the new Skinny Suppers cookbook by Brooke Griffin, who is the talented creator behind SkinnyMom.com. There are so many delicious looking, skinny recipes in this book I can’t wait to try!
I love that there are a lot of comfort food classics made healthier in this book, and that all the recipes are easy to follow recipes the whole family can enjoy.
You can learn more about the book here and if you’d like to purchase this book you can buy it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble or from Books A Million. If you already have the book you’ll have to let me know which recipes you’ve already tried and love.
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Pink Detox Salad
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled, segmented and seeded
- 1/2 tsp stevia (I omitted this)
- 6 cups baby kale (I substituted a blend of spinach, baby kale and chard)
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups (1-inch-cubed) seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- For the dressing: In a small mixing bowl stir together yogurt, pomegranate juice, vinegar, lemon zest, stevia or honey, and salt until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- For the salad: Sprinkle grapefruit with stevia and set aside. Divide kale among four salad bowls.
- Top each serving with strawberries, watermelon, grapefruit, pomegranate arils, walnuts and feta cheese. Drizzle each salad with dressing.
- Recipe source: recipe from Skinny Suppers by Brooke Griffin