One reason I love fall is because it means pumpkin season! There are so many things you can bake with pumpkin! This bread is one of my favorite! It is like an upgrade of cinnamon swirl bread. It’s an upgrade in nutrition too, you add in a superfood! It is so tender, with a delicious spiced pumpkin flavor, and it has the wonderful sweetness of cinnamon.
And the aroma when it’s baking, lets just say no scented candle could ever come close to competing! I love this bread too because it is similar to a cinnamon roll with less fat and sugar, but you still get all those amazing flavors and more. If you are looking for all the flavors of fall in 1 sweet loaf of bread then you must give this a try!
Follow Cooking Classy
Fancy and flavorful, cinnamon swirled, pumpkin flavored bread.
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water , 110 degrees
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk , warmed to 110 degrees
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter , softened
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
For the swirl
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter , melted
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine water, yeast and 1/2 tsp granulated sugar. Whisk until yeast has dissolved and let rest 5 minutes. Stir in milk, molasses, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, salt, softened butter, nutmeg, ginger, egg and pumpkin puree until well combine. Slowly add flour and knead with a dough hook attachment until dough is smooth and elastic. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until double, about 1 hour.
- Butter an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" in pan, set aside. In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside. Punch the risen dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a large rectangle, about 22" x 8." Brush with melted butter, coming within about 1/2" of the edges. Sprinkle with cinnamon mixture, coming within about 1/2" of the edges. Roll dough up jelly roll style, starting with the short side. Place rolled dough in greased loaf pan and let rise in a warm place until doubled about 45 minutes.
- Bake 375 degrees for 45 minutes, tent loaf with foil halfway through baking to prevent excessive browning. Allow to cool in pan 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.