Don’t you love when you finally get around to making one of those recipes that you’ve had pinned or bookmarked for several months, especially when it’s a really good one? This is one of those for me and I’m telling you I shouldn’t have waited this long to try it.
These remind me a lot of Scotcheroos (if you’ve ever had those) but without the butterscotch flavor and rather more peanut butter flavor thanks to the topping of those ever so amazing Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I love Scotcheroos but I’d have to say I like these even more. These incredible easy to make treats are chewy, crunchy, deliciously sweet, perfectly peanut buttery along with just the right ratio of chocolate (to mimic the flavor of the Reese’s) and then they are finished of with the crowning jewels, the melt in your mouth Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. All that and it’s destined to make one highly addictive, not to be forgotten treat. This is one you’ll want to pin and try in the very near future. Enjoy and share, and thanks Sweet Basil for a great recipe!
Follow Cooking Classy
Rich, easy to make, peanut buttery, crisp treats that are sure to leave everyone craving more!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 6 regular size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups , each diced into 8 pie shaped wedges
- In a medium saucepan, combine corn syrup, sugar and salt and bring mixture just to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly (to dissolve sugar). Once mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat slightly and allow to gently boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add in peanut butter, chocolate chips and vanilla, stir mixture until chocolate chips have completely melted.
- Pour in Rice Krispies Cereal and toss mixture to evenly coat. Pour mixture into a buttered 8x8 (or 9x9) baking dish and gently spread and press into an even layer.
- Allow to cool until just warm to the touch then evenly distribute diced Reese's Peanut Butter Cups over top and lightly press them onto the coated cereal. Enjoy warm, with ooey gooey melted chocolate topping (my favorite, I love melted candy bars though =) or cover and refrigerate until chocolate has set, then remove from refrigerator and rest about 10 minutes at room temperature and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe Source: Sweet Basil