Mashed Cauliflower with Roasted Garlic is likely to become a new dinner staple! It’s flavorful, it’s creamy and it’s surprisingly filling. Plus it’s a healthy side dish that the whole family can enjoy and it pairs well with just about anything.
I never thought I’d see the day when I’d be making mock mashed potatoes. But here we are and I’m actually kind of obsessed – it must be that roasted garlic.
Don’t get me wrong though I’m definitely not giving up Mom’s Mashed Potatoes, I was just looking for something else to add to the rotation to switch things up.
How to Make Mashed Cauliflower
- Roast the garlic in the oven until golden brown.
- Steam cauliflower over stovetop.
- Remove garlic from skins add to a food processor along with cauliflower, parmesan, butter, Greek yogurt, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Remove top insert from food processor and process until smooth.
- Serve warm with parsley and another dab of butter if desired.
The Addition of Roasted Garlic and Parmesan is a Game Changer
And that roasted garlic is like candy to me. Whenever there’s roasted garlic making an appearance at the dinner table we all know things are going to be good.
Then the parmesan adds a bit of richness and a good balance of saltiness.
I love it here because cauliflower has a mild flavor so it gives it that special something. Along with the few dabs of butter of course..
A Great Alternative to Mashed Potatoes
These are great if you are on a low carb diet and have been missing mashed potatoes. While they don’t have the exact same flavor and texture of mashed potatoes they are still oh so satisfying!
They aren’t as heavy as mashed potatoes and I love the addition of parmesan and herbs that’s more fitting with cauliflower.
Serve this with oven roasted chicken or pan seared steak for a delicious meal!
More Garlicky Recipes You Might Like:
Follow Cooking Classy
16 Quick & Easy 30 Minute Recipes! (plus weekly recipe updates)
Roasted Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut top 1/2-inch of garlic head to expose cloves. Lay garlic on a sheet of foil, drizzle with olive oil and wrap to enclose.
- Roast garlic in preheated oven until cloves have softened and are just lightly golden brown, about 40 - 45 minutes.
- Bring about 1/2-inch of water to a boil in a large pot. Place a steamer basic in pot then place cauliflower on basket and steam until very tender, about 10 - 13 minutes.
- Remove garlic from skin (just squeeze each one upward to remove), place in a large food processor. Add cauliflower, parmesan, butter, Greek yogurt, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover food processor with lid and remove center insert of lid (since you're working with a hot mixture). Process mixture until smooth, about 1 minute, while scraping down sides as needed.
- Serve warm with parsley if desired.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy