All I’m going to say here is I LOVE this soup and I created this recipe because of my love for enchiladas and Mexican food. It’s easy to prepare and incredibly delicious! Enjoy =)!
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
The easiest Enchilada soup! It's brimming with flavor and so deliciously satisfying!
- 3 large chicken breast halves
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup chunky salsa (I use Pace Chunky Hot Salsa)
- 1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Masa Harina
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
For Serving (all optional, but I'd say sour cream is a must):
- Additional shredded Cheddar and Monterrey Jack Cheese
- Diced avocados
- Sour Cream
- Chopped cilantro
- Chopped green onions
- Tortilla Chips or strips
Place chicken in a slow cooker. Pour chicken broth, tomato sauce, salsa and Zesty Italian Dressing over chicken. Sprinkle in chili powder, cumin, onion powder and garlic powder. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
Once cooked, remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside. Prepare a roux in a saucepan by heating olive oil over medium heat then stirring in Masa Harina (mixture will be thick), slowly pour in milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick and it reaches a gentle boil (it should be like the consistency of a porridge). Pour mixture into slow cooker and whisk until smooth.
Add in corn, Black Beans, Pinto Beans, Cheddar Cheese and Monterrey Jack Cheese. Shred chicken and stir into soup. Season soup with salt and pepper to taste (I didn't add any salt at all I didn't think it needed it just pepper). Allow to cook about 10 minutes until all ingredients are heated through. Serve warm garnished with additional shredded cheese, diced avocados, sour cream, cilantro, green onions and tortilla chips.