Is there a holiday to celebrate Snickers yet or what? Confession, I’m a Snickers hoarder. I had two boxes in my freezer and they slowly dwindled away to nothing – especially once my husband and kids found out they were in there. I’m going to need to replenish that.
I go through different phases of favorite latest candy bar cravings but Snickers is most frequently in the lead which is why it was an absolute must that I added some to the best cookies ever – the classic chocolate chip cookie.
Who knows why I haven’t made these before, but it’s probably a dangerous thing now that I have. Sometimes things this good might be better off unknown :). A chewy, caramely, nougat and peanut studded cookie that is loaded with chocolate is has got to be good right? Indeed it does. These are amazing – so get going and make a batch asap. Enjoy!
So I normally don’t like wrappers in photos, it seems slightly tacky or something – but these are golden people! Just like what’s inside. MMMMM.
Follow Cooking Classy
Snickers Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (heaping) salt
- 1 cup salted butter , at room temperature*
- 1 1/4 cups light-brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz Snickers candy bars , chopped**
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped , unsalted or lightly salted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs one at a time mixing until combined after each addition. Blend in vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Add in chopped Snickers, chocolate chips and peanuts and blend on low speed just until mixed in.
- Shape dough into balls about 3 Tbsp each and place on a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet spacing at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 - 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
- *Look for a salted butter containing 100 mg or less of sodium per serving (listed on nutrition facts). If you have a butter that has more than 100 mg just reduce the amount of salt slightly.
- ** I diced each of the Snickers bites into quarters. I love that I didn't have to unwrap lots of minis but if you cant find the bites the minis would work fine.