It really doesn’t get more refreshing than an ice cold drink of Limeade. This fresh homemade limeade is so easy to make and it’s naturally sweetened with honey and lime!
Sparkling Limeade Recipe
You can never have too many lemonade recipes, right? This is the third lemonade (or in this case limeade) recipe in a month. It’s summer and I’m slightly obsessed!
Fresh homemade limeade is so easy to make — the only tedious part is getting all the juice out of those limes. But this refreshing limeade is so worth it in the end!
For this summer drink recipe, I decided to sweeten it with half honey and half sugar because lime and honey always pair so well together. It would also be delicious if you wanted to mix in some cherry juice, which I think I’ll try next time.
I used to be someone who said I was only going to get my sugars from desserts not drinks, but with a drink this good that has changed my whole outlook. I’d definitely choose this limeade as my sweet for the day!
Honey Limeade Ingredients
For this sparkling drink, you’ll need:
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Fresh lime juice
- Cold water
- Granulated sugar
- Fresh mint (optional)
How to Make Limeade
- Whisk together cold water and sugar in a large pitcher.
- Pour in honey and mix until well blended.
- Stir in lime juice, followed by club soda or sparkling water.
- Add ice and mint before serving.
Can I Make This Recipe in Advance?
Because of the carbonation in this drink, it’s best to make it just before serving. Over time, the limeade will lose the carbonation but the flavors won’t be dulled.
Can I Use Tonic Water in This Recipe?
I wouldn’t recommend it. Although tonic water is also carbonated, it’s much more bitter than sparkling water and club soda.
Tips for the Best Limeade
- Fresh lime juice is key in this recipe. I know it’s a lot of effort to juice all those limes, but you need the fresh stuff for this recipe!
- To prevent the limeade from becoming watered down, freeze cherries or grapes and use the frozen fruit as ice cubes.
- Don’t add the lime juice or sparkling water until the honey and sugar have fully dissolved, otherwise your limeade will be gritty.
More Summer Drink Recipes You’ll Love:
- Brazilian Limeade
- Sparkling Raspberry Lemonade
- Watermelon Lemonade
- Pineapple Mango Lemonade
- Sugar-Free Strawberry Lemonade
Follow Cooking Classy
Such a refreshing drink recipe! Flavored with lot of fresh lime juice and sweetened with sugar and honey (which is the perfect compliment to lime). Everyone will want more!
- 1 liter club soda or sparkling water , chilled
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey (preferably light colored)
- Fresh mint (optional)
In a pitcher whisk together 1/2 cup water and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
Pour in honey and mix until well blended.
Stir in lime juice. Pour in club soda or sparkling water and stir once. Add in ice and mint.
- To prevent the limeade from becoming watered down, try freezing cherries or grapes and use the frozen fruit as ice cubes.