What can I say, I’m on a Rice Krispie Treat kick lately (if you’ve been following you may have noticed I’ve recently posted Cookies and Cream Rice Krispie Treats and Cinnamon Roll Rice Krispie Treats). I LOVE Rice Krispie Treats! They are so quick, simple and incredibly delicious. The possibilities of different flavors are endless.
The great thing about these is that they taste like a sugar cookie but they don’t take nearly as long to make! They are two amazing treats in one. These are fun for kids and adults alike and they’re perfect treat for parties. Just be sure you have someone to share with when you make these or you’re going to want to eat them all on your own =).
If you are wondering what to do with the remaining sugar cookie mix, just save it in an airtight ziploc bag to make these again another time. Also, if you love sugar cookies and want another quick sugar cookie recipe try Sugar Cookie Squares, they’re amazing I make them at least once a month.
Follow Cooking Classy
Sugar Cookie Rice Krispie Treats
Two tempting treats in one!
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 (10.5 oz) pkg miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (unprepared)
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 Recipe Sugar Cookie Frosting , recipe follows
- Sprinkles (optional)
Sugar Cookie Frosting
- 1/4 cup butter , softened
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Food coloring (optional)
- Butter a 9 x 13 dish, set aside. Melt butter in a large nonstick saucepan over medium low heat. Stir in salt. Add marshmallows and stir constantly until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in Sugar Cookie Mix. Fold in Rice Krispies Cereal and stir until evenly coated. Pour mixture into buttered dish. Using a buttered spatula, spread mixture evenly into pan. Allow to cool slightly, about 2 minutes, then cut into 12 squares. Using your hands, round edges of squares by cupping your hands and gently pressing on corners (I also flattened them a bit but not necessary). Frost each "cookie" with Sugar Cookie Frosting and sprinkle with optional sprinkles. Store in an airtight container.
Sugar Cookie Frosting
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together butter, milk, vanilla, salt and powdered sugar until fluffy and smooth about one minute. Mix in several drops optional food coloring, stir until well blended.