A super easy, super fresh, super delicious salsa. You'll never need another salsa recipe again! This has been my go-to recipe for years, it's definitely a family favorite. We make it almost every week. It's a staple recipe.
- 1 1/4 lbs ripe Roma tomatoes (about 5 - 6)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes*
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, chopped into thirds
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion (about 1/4 of a medium)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 1 large clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 1 second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped.
Serve with tortilla chips. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
*Canned diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, or canned fire roasted tomatoes also work great as well.
For a thinner salsa, you can add in a bit of tomato juice or tomato sauce if desired.