Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies (aka Granola Bar Cookies)
Soft and chewy oatmeal swirled cookies dotted with sweet dried cranberries and creamy white chocolate chips!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries (such as Craisins), lightly chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 chopped walnuts , pecans, almonds or macadamia nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy about 3-4 minutes. Stir in eggs one at a time and vanilla.
Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Add in dried cranberries, white chocolate chips and optional nuts. Roll cookie dough into balls, about 2 Tbsp per ball, and drop onto buttered cookie sheets.
Bake 9 - 10 minutes until lightly golden. Allow to cool several minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Store cookies in an airtight container.