Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are so soft, perfectly pumpkiny and you'll love all those sweet and tempting autumn spices. And let's not forget about the abundance of decadent semi-sweet chocolate chips these cookies are swirled with, they just take them over the top! This is a staple fall recipe!
- 2 cups (248g) all-purpose flour*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) (240g) canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups (255g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt for 20 seconds, set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together granulated sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil until combined.
Mix in egg and vanilla then blend in pumpkin puree.
With mixer on low speed, slowly add in flour mixture and mix just until nearly combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed (batter will be pretty wet).
With a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips while folding batter to evenly combined.
Drop dough 2 Tbsp (either using a medium cookie dough scoop or using two spoons) at a time onto baking sheets lined with Silcone liners or parchment paper, spacing cookies two inches apart.
Bake in preheated oven until cookies are nearly set about 11 - 13 minutes.
Allow to cool several minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Store in a single layer in an airtight container (these are best once they've rested in an airtight container a few hours, they soften throughout).
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from allrecipes.com
- *Use the scoop and level method to measure flour. Don't sift, don't spoon into cup.
- Use canned pumpkin for consistent results
- Substitute 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice for the spices listed here if that's what you've got.
- If desired use 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips and 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for a mild blend.