Rocky Road Oatmeal
Chocolate for breakfast, yes please! This is such a tempting way to prepare oatmeal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp chopped walnuts , pecans or almonds
- 10-14 mini marshmallows (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbsp milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips (which ever you prefer)
- Additional milk or half and half for drizzling if desired
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine oats, milk, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes. Allow to rest 2 minutes then remove from microwave and stir in vanilla. Top with nuts, marshmallows and chocolate chips, serve warm.