Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
These Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes feature a soft and fluffy vanilla cupcake topped with a bright strawberry buttercream frosting and are finished with fresh strawberries. The perfect cupcake for any celebration!
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs , at room temperature*
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter , melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whole milk , at room temperature*
- 1 recipe Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 12 small fresh strawberries or strawberry slices , for decoration
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt for 30 seconds, set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer set on medium-high speed, whip together eggs, sugar and vanilla until mixture is very pale, fluffy and thickened slightly, about 3 minutes.
Mix in melted butter and vegetable oil.
Working in three separate batches, beginning and ending with flour, add 1/3 of the flour mixture followed by 1/2 of the milk, blending until well combined after each addition. Pour batter into 12 paper lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
Bake in preheated oven 19 - 22 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center of cupcake comes out clean.
Cool completely on a wire rack, then frost with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting and top with a small whole fresh strawberry or fresh strawberry slices.
- Recipe Source: cupcake base — Food and Wine, Strawberry Buttercream Frosting — Cooking Classy
- To bring the eggs to room temperature quickly, simply submerge in a bowl of warm water for 5 - 10 minutes.
- To bring milk to room temperature quickly, simply heat in microwave on high power in a microwave-safe dish for 15 - 20 seconds until no longer cold.