Microwave Peanut Butter Granola Bars
These granola bars are brimming with peanut butter flavor, they're perfectly chewy and they couldn't be easier to make! A great on the go snack made with real ingredients, no artificial flavors or preservatives here.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups Rice Krispies cereal*
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (or 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter)**
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Line an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with aluminum foil leaving a 2-inch overhang. In a large mixing bowl, toss together oats and Rice Krispies, set aside. In a separate microwave safe mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and salt. Heat mixture on HIGH power for 1 minute, remove and stir.
Return to microwave and heat on HIGH power 1 minute longer. Remove from microwave, pour in vanilla and whisk mixture for 30 seconds. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and toss well to evenly coat.
Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, firmly press mixture into an even layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 10 - 15 minutes or chill in refrigerator 30 minutes. Lift bars from dish using foil overhang and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.
- *I used 2 cups Rice Krispies but I thought it was slightly too much so I'd recommend start with 1 1/2 and if you think it could use more add in another 1/2 cup.
- **If you use extra crunchy you will probably have to add a few more Tbsp as it will increase the peanut to peanut butter ratio.
- Recipe source: adapted slightly from Kraft