Salad with Grilled Chicken, Avocado & Tomato with Honey-Lime, Cilantro Vinaigrette
A delicious salad loaded to the max with flavor. Brimming with veggies, lean chicken, cheese and finished with a bright vinaigrette.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb boneless , skinless chicken breast, grilled and diced into strips
- 1 head Romaine lettuce , torn into bite size pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , sliced into halves
- 1 cup fresh corn (from about 2 ears of corn)*
- 2 California avocados , diced
- 4 oz Queso Fresco or Feta cheese , crumbled
For the Honey, Lime and Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
To assemble salad layer lettuce onto serving plates, then divide remaining ingredients among plates over lettuce and drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, or alternately add all salad ingredients to a salad bowl and toss with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve.
For the Vinaigrette:
In a blender combine lime juice, honey, rice vinegar, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper and pulse mixture until cilantro has been finely chopped. With blender set on low speed (remove the center circular attachment from lid) and slowly drizzle olive oil into blender in a slow and steady stream, then blend until slightly thickened about 20 seconds longer.
*Frozen corn would also work, just thaw it before adding to the salad.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy