Homemade Guacamole Recipe
The BEST homemade guacamole! It's easy to make yet so perfectly flavorful and totally irresistable. Perfect as a chip dip or serve it with all your favorite Mexican entrees. Double for a crowd or half the recipe if only serving a few people.
- 4 ripe Hass Avocados, seeded and scooped from peel (about 26 oz before peeled and cored)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion, rinsed under water in mesh strainer and drained
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded then diced
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Add avocados to a larger bowl and cut into avocados with a pastry cutter until you've reached the texture you like (or use a fork if you don't have a pastry cutter).
Add red onion, tomato, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, lime and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss mixture then serve immediately for best results.
- Rinse the red onions to remove their harsh bite.