Quinoa Chili is one of the tastiest healthy recipes! It's loaded with vegetables, quinoa, beans and it's all simmered together in a deliciously seasoned broth. Definitely a recipe you'll want to add to the dinner rotation!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (from 2/3 cup dry)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion , diced (1 3/4 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, more or less to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed (I used one dark red, one light red)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
For serving (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips
Heat olive oil in a large enameled cast iron pot over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add onion and saute until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cooked quinoa, vegetable broth, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, cocoa, paprika, sugar, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover pot and allow to simmer 30 minutes.
Add in all kidney beans, black beans, corn, cilantro and lime and cook until heated through. Serve warm with optional toppings and sides (cheddar, sour cream, diced avocados and tortilla chips).