Chicken Apple Bacon Walnut Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
A delicious main dish salad with the works! Loaded with sweet apples, hearty chicken and bacon, crisp pecans and tangy feta.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 3/4 lbs cooked chicken breasts , diced into strips* (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and diced
- 3 medium apples , sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped , toasted or candied walnuts
- 7 - 9 oz spring mix & spinach lettuce blend
- 6 oz crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped shallot
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Layer all salad ingredients into individual salad bowls or over plates. Serve drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.
For the balsamic vinaigrette:
Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and finely diced shallot to a blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend mixture until well emulsified and thickened slightly. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
*To cook the chicken I like this recipe from The Kitchn - only I cooked mine longer as I had thick chicken breasts. I also omitted the optional herbs and used a little garlic powder instead.
Recipe Source: inspired by this salad recipe I posted here