Cabbage and Berry Purple Smoothie
Purple cabbage isn't the first thing you'd think to add to a smoothie but it adds a gorgeous color, and lots of vitamins. And don't worry, you won't even taste it.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 8 oz . purple cabbage (half of a small head)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 ripe banana , peeled and frozen
- 1 (5.3 oz) container cherry Greek yogurt (or strawberry)
- 1 cup chilled Hibiscus tea*
- 1/2 cup almond milk
Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth.
*I used Tazo Passion Herbal Infusion tea. I heated 1/2 cup water then added the tea bag then steeped and added enough ice to make 1 cup to cool faster. 1 cup cranberry juice blend or pomegranate juice blend would be a good alternative if you don't like tea.