No Bake Energy Bites
These No Bake Energy Bites have quickly become a family favorite! They are so easy to make, they're made with nutritious ingredients (and chocolate for good measure), and they are oh so delicious!!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (raw)
- 2/3 cup toasted , sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseed meal (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 6 Tbsp chocolate chips (next time I'll use minis)
In a mixing bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until mixture has firmed up a bit, about 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls.
Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots