This is the best hummus! It's rich and creamy and packed with that irresistible avocado flavor. Think hummus meets guacamole, I mean what more could you want? Perfect dip for veggies or pita chips or as a spread for your favorite sandwiches.
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, well drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados , cored and peeled (13 oz before cored and peeled)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil , plus more for serving if desired
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic , peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 - 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves , for topping
- Red pepper flakes , for topping
Pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I did a scant 1/2 tsp salt and about 1/8 tsp pepper), add cumin and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 - 2 minutes longer.
Serve topped with more olive oil if desired and sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy