No-Bake Chocolate Energy Bites
These energy bites are packed with decadent flavor and made with nutritous ingredients (plus chocolate chips for good measure). A healthy snack you'll want to make again and again!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup no stir almond butter (I used Maranatha) or creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Up to 4 tsp warm water , as needed
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (raw)
- 3/4 cup toasted or raw coconut (I used sweetened)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 6 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
In a mixing bowl, stir together almond butter, honey, vanilla and cocoa powder. If mixture seems too thick stir in 2 tsp warm water to thin. Add oats, coconut, flaxseed meal and chocolate chips and stir until evenly coated. At this point if mixture still doesn't stick well, stir in up to 2 tsp water as needed. Transfer mixture to refrigerator or freezer and chill until nearly set and easier to handle.
Remove from refrigerator and shape into 1-inch balls. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Smashed Peas and Carrots