Mexican Chopped Salad with Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Ranch
A healthy, colorful, perfectly delicious chopped salad that's packed with vegetables and fresh Mexican flavors!
- 1 head romaine lettuce , chopped
- 2 ears corn (raw), kernels cut from cob
- 4 mini orange peppers (or 1 large) , diced
- 4 roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 cucumber , peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion , chopped
- 2 avocados (ripe but still slightly firm), diced
- 1 can black beans , drained and rinsed
- Tortilla strips , optional (recipe here
Lime Cilantro Dressing
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I used whole)
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used full fat)
- 6 Tbsp milk (more or less as desired)
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro , very finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 - 3 pinches cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Make the salad: Toss all salad ingredients together in a bowl.
Make the Greek Yogurt Cilantro Lime Ranch: Add all dressing ingredients to a mixing bowl then whisk until combined, add more milk/lime juice if desired for a thinner consistency. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Plate salad, then top with tortilla strips and Cilantro Lime Ranch.
- Wait to drizzle on the salad dressing until you're ready to serve this salad.
- Recipe Source: Salad portion adapted slightly from The Cafe Sucre Farine, dressing by Cooking Classy