Bright and zesty avocado salsa! Loaded with flavor and color. Perfect as a dip or topping over a main dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Calories: 238 kcal
- 6 medium roma tomatoes (20 oz), seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped red onion, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small jalapeños, seeded and chopped (1/4 cup. Leave seeds if you like heat)
- 3 medium avocados, semi-firm but ripe, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (more or less to taste as desired)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves , chopped
Place red onion in a strainer or sieve and rinse under cool water to remove harsh bite. Drain well. Add to a mixing bowl along with diced tomatoes, jalapeños and avocados.
In a separate small mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper until mixture is well blended. Pour mixture over avocado mixture, add cilantro then gently toss mixture to evenly coat. Serve with tortilla chips or over Mexican entrees.
Recipe Source: Cooking Classy