Three Bean Salad
A healthy, colorful salad made with green beans and two kinds of kidney beans, bell pepper, onion and a bright dressing. A flavorful side dish and nice change from the classic side salad.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 12 oz. fresh green beans, ends trimmed, diced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under warm water and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a small mixing bowl or jar whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt, set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and water and set aside.
Once water is boiling, add green beans and allow to boil about 3 - 4 minutes until tender. Drain and immediately transfer to ice water. Let rest for a few seconds then drain well.
Add green beans, dark and light red kidney beans, bell pepper, red onion and parsley to a salad bowl.
Whisk dressing mixture until well combined then pour over salad. Toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
Give the salad a good stir before serving to redistribute the dressing.