Kale White Bean and Sausage Soup
Such a tasty easy to make soup recipe! Packed with flavorful sausage, creamy beans, and nutritious veggies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz beef Polska Kiebasa Sausage , sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots (about 3)
- 1 1/3 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 (14.5 oz cans) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried rosemary , crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 6 oz kale , thick ribs removed, chopped (about 1 1/2 bunches. 5 oz if using pre-cut)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded parmesan cheese , for serving
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until slightly browned, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes. Remove sausage, while leaving oil in pan, and drain sausage on a plate lined with paper towels and set aside.
Return pot with oil to medium heat, add carrots, onion, and celery and saute 3 minutes (while scraping bottom of pan to get the browned bits), add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Stir in chicken broth, water, parsley, rosemary, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and allow to gently boil 10 minutes. Add kale and allow to boil 10 minutes longer until kale and veggies are tender. Stir in cooked sausage and cannellini beans (you can add more broth at this point to thin if desired). Serve warm, top each serving with parmesan cheese.
Recipe source: inspired by Gourmet