Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Grilled Chicken
This super quick lemon ricotta parmesan pasta with spinach and grilled chicken is perfect for weeknights.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Calories: 536 kcal
- 1 lb grilled chicken breasts , sliced into strips*
- 1 lb dry linguine , fettucine or spaghetti
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach , steamed just until beginning to wilt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups part skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan , plus more for serving
Cook pasta in salted water according to directions listed on package, reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining pasta.
Drain water (reserve 1 cup) and return pasta to pot. Set pot over medium-low heat and add olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, ricotta, 1/2 cup hot reserved pasta water and parmesan and toss to evenly coat.
Add in more pasta water as desired to thin and season with salt and pepper to taste, cook and toss, about 2 minutes, until ricotta is heated through. Toss in spinach and grilled chicken. Serve warm topped with more parmesan if desired.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy
- *I recommend brushing the chicken lightly with olive oil and season both sides salt, pepper and garlic powder before grilling.
- Want more flavor? Saute 3 garlic cloves briefly in olive oil before adding ricotta and other ingredients.