Veg Fried Rice
A flavorful, colorful, veg fried rice! Made with brown rice and loaded with veggies instead of ham for a healthier alternative.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
Calories: 424 kcal
- 3 cups cooked and chilled brown rice*
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup diced carrots (dice somewhat thin)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 Tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups small diced broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas , thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen petite corn , thawed and drained
- 3 - 4 Tbsp soy sauce , to taste
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
Heat oil in a large non-stick wok (or large, deep skillet) over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onions, garlic and ginger and saute 3 minutes.
Add broccoli and bell pepper and saute until veggies are soft, about 3 - 4 minutes. Move veggies over to one side of the pan, crack eggs into opposite side and scramble and cook through.
Stir rice, peas, corn, soy sauce and sesame oil and cook and toss 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- *I like to cook the brown rice with a little less water than listed on the package so it's not so moist and absorbs the soy sauce and moisture from the veggies better. It also works best if you can prepare the rice a day in advance.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy